Important Information – BODC & COVID-19
We are pleased to announce that Berwick Obedience Dog Club has reopened, however, sadly with some limits as a result of the COVID19 pandemic.
To ensure that we keep our volunteers and members as safe as possible and also meet our legal obligations under the current Victorian government restrictions we have had to take the following steps until further notice:
Please note that we are only allowed a maximum of 200 on the grounds at any time. This excludes volunteers. We need your help to be able to manage this legal requirement.
- Obedience classes will be run over three 45 minute sessions with a transition period of 30 minutes in between sessions. It is imperative that you head off straight from your class finishing.Beginners 12:15 – 1:00pm, Red 1:30 – 2:15pm, Yellow/ Pink/ Green and Blue 2:45 – 3:30pm.
- One handler per dog in attendance.
- Mandatory ‘check in’ on arrival. We will have the QR code displayed all around the Clubhouse and on the flag poles on the grounds.
- The toilets will be open to all members. Please follow hand hygiene.
- The kitchen will be selling hot packaged food only and Clubrooms will be closed to members who are not volunteers.
- The office will be open via the windows.
- Social distancing of 1.5 metres must be strictly adhered to.
- Masks will be as per current Victorian Govt guidelines.
- Members will be required to book into their class. This is due to the legal requirement of 200 max.
- We have an an online signup under construction to improve distancing during the signup process.
- Your patience as we become accustomed to running under COVID19 normal is hugely appreciated.
- To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all, there will be zero tolerance of disrespectful or aggressive behaviour.”
The Club House has an Office, Shop, Canteen and Toilet Facilities all with ramp access.
The shop is stocked with goodies for you and your dog and the canteen has food and drinks available on training days.
The grounds have grassed areas for training with shade trees and two secure off-leash enclosures.
There is also plenty of off-street car parking. So please avoid parking in McKenzie lane as it is illegal and we don’t want any of our members copping a fine.