Important Information – BODC & COVID-19
For COVID cap head count please click the link below to book your next class.
We are pleased to announce that Berwick Obedience Dog Club has reopened, however, sadly with some limits as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
To ensure that we keep our volunteers and members as safe as possible and also meet our legal obligations under the current Victorian government restrictions we have had to take the following steps until further notice:
Please note that we are only allowed a maximum of 200 on the grounds at any time. This excludes volunteers. We need your help to be able to manage this legal requirement.
- Obedience classes will be run over three 45 minute sessions with a transition period of 30 minutes in between sessions. It is imperative that you head off straight from your class finishing.Beginners 12:15 – 1:00pm, Red 1:30 – 2:15pm, Yellow/ Pink/ Green and Blue 2:45 – 3:30pm.
- One handler per dog in attendance.
- Mandatory ‘check in’ on arrival. We will have the QR code displayed all around the Clubhouse and on the flag poles on the grounds.
- The toilets will be open to all members. Please follow hand hygiene.
- The kitchen and Clubrooms will be closed to members who are not volunteers.
- The office will be open via the windows.
- Social distancing of 1.5 metres must be strictly adhered to.
- Masks will be as per current Victorian Govt guidelines.
- Members will be required to book into their class. This is due to the legal requirement of 200 max. See the link above.
- We have an an online signup under construction to improve distancing during the signup process.
- Your patience as we become accustomed to running under COVID19 normal is hugely appreciated.
- To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all, there will be zero tolerance of disrespectful or aggressive behaviour.”
See the links in “classes” below for practicing at home until we resume.
SATURDAY OBEDIENCE TRAINING
We recommend that you arrive a few minute early to allow your dog time to settle and you time to socialise before the class begins. And so that you do not disrupt the class with your late arrival.
Beginners classes begin at 12:15.
Red classes begin at 1.30pm.
Yellow, Pink, Green and Blue classes begin at 2.45pm.
Obedience Trial Ring – When an instructor is available, runs from 12.00pm to 2:00pm when the Stays start.
Rally Obedience Ring – from 1.00pm.
For all levels except Beginners – 6.30pm to 7.30pm every Wednesday evening during daylight savings time. There are no colour level classes. Any handler and dog teams that turn up are all in the same group and you work to your own ability.
There are no clubhouse, joining, shop, or kitchen facilities available. Toilets if required.
If training has been cancelled on Saturday (too hot) a Beginner class will be provided on the following Wednesday evening.
Kalora Park Reserve is a public park with fenced areas which are used for dog training activities by individuals and groups who have no connection with this club. If you have any issues in the park or fenced areas outside of club times you should contact City of Casey.
The club offers six levels of obedience training, Beginners (introductory four week class for new members teaching the basics of dog obedience), Red, Pink, Yellow, Green and Blue, with level assessments, held once a month, which gauge if you and your dog are ready to move up to the next level. Click on the class colour name to see training exercises for that class and here for Training reminders.
When you reach the higher levels you may wish to compete with your dog at an Obedience Trial or in Rally Obedience. Our instructors and competing members are more than willing to help you and your dog reach this goal.