Important Information – BODC & COVID-19
20/7/2021: Dear members due to the lockdown extension announced today BODC will be closed this Saturday 24th July.
Take care and we’ll see you on the other side.
For COVID cap head count please click the link below to book your next class.
To ensure that we keep our volunteers and members as safe as possible and also meet our legal obligations under the current Victorian government restrictions we have had to take the following steps until further notice:
Please note that we are now thankfully allowed a maximum of 1000 on the grounds at any time. This excludes volunteers. We need your help to be able to manage this legal requirement.
- Obedience classes will be run over three 45 minute sessions with a transition period of 30 minutes in between sessions. It is imperative that you head off straight from your class finishing.Beginners 12:15 – 1:00pm, Orange and Red 1:30 – 2:15pm, Yellow/ Pink/ Green and Blue 2:45 – 3:30pm.
- One handler per dog in attendance.
- Mandatory ‘check in’ on arrival. We will have the QR code displayed all around the Clubhouse and on the flag poles on the grounds.
- The toilets will be open to all members. Please follow hand hygiene.
- The kitchen will be selling hot packaged food only and Clubrooms will be closed to members who are not volunteers.
- The office will be open via the windows.
- Social distancing of 1.5 metres must be strictly adhered to.
- Masks will be as per current Victorian Govt guidelines.
- Members, will be required to book into their class. This is due to the legal maximum requirement. See the link above.
- We have an online signup under construction to improve distancing during the signup process.
- Your patience as we become accustomed to running under COVID19 normal is hugely appreciated.
- To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all, there will be zero tolerance of disrespectful or aggressive behaviour.”
See the links on the “Training” page in “Classes” for practicing at home until we resume.
Training dog owners to train their dogs since 1980.
The aim of Berwick Obedience Dog Club is to educate members as to their responsibilities as dog owners and to gain a greater understanding of dogs and how to train them.
New members always welcome!
Berwick Obedience Dog Club offers a range of fun and interesting activities making training your dog a rewarding experience whilst using positive and reward based training methods.