Important Information – BODC & COVID-19
27/10/2021: Berwick Obedience Dog Club (BODC) is paving the way to re-open within the current guidelines on Saturday 20thNovember with limited training caps.
As mandated by the Victoria and Federal Government roadmap, BODC will require returning members to be double vaccinated in order to return from the 20th November. As new targets are achieved and government allows, we will amend the club requirements to align with government regulations.
As BODC is also an affiliate of Dogs Victoria, the club will follow all rules also set by the governing body. Shows, trials training and events are not defined as public gatherings. We ask that you please not enter the training grounds during the training session if you do not meet the vaccination status and maintain current membership (if you have not renewed your membership for 2021/22 please email email@example.com).
In order to return we ask members who plan to return to training please email their Covid-19 vaccination certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 12th November. Please note that by providing your vaccination certificate, you are giving us permission to retain this data, which will be done so securely. Your certificate will be deleted once verified and your membership badge will be made available to you from the office. If certificates are not verified, this will result in refusal of entry.
We understand that this is a very difficult time and while we do not want to police this, we must comply with the regulations to get back to doing what we love.
If you have any questions or concerns please reach out to us via email to email@example.com
Click the Facebook link at the bottom of the page to visit our Facebook and read about any upcoming Zoom classes.
For COVID cap head count please click the link below to book your next class.
Please note that when we reopen we will be allowed only a limited number of people on the grounds at any time. This excludes volunteers. We need your help to be able to manage this legal requirement.
To ensure that we keep our volunteers and members as safe as possible and also meet our legal obligations under the current Victorian government restrictions we have had to take the following steps until further notice:
- Obedience classes will be run over three 45 minute sessions with a transition period of 30 minutes in between sessions. It is imperative that you head off straight from your class finishing.Beginners 12:15 – 1:00pm, Orange and Red 1:30 – 2:15pm, Yellow/ Pink/ Green and Blue 2:45 – 3:30pm.
- One handler per dog in attendance.
- Mandatory ‘check in’ on arrival. We will have the QR code displayed all around the Clubhouse and on the flag poles on the grounds.
- The toilets will be open to all members. Please follow hand hygiene.
- The kitchen will be selling hot packaged food only and Clubrooms will be closed to members who are not volunteers.
- The office will be open via the windows.
- Social distancing of 1.5 metres must be strictly adhered to.
- Masks will be as per current Victorian Govt guidelines.
- Members, will be required to book into their class. This is due to the legal maximum requirement. See the link above.
- We have an online signup under construction to improve distancing during the signup process.
- Your patience as we become accustomed to running under COVID19 normal is hugely appreciated.
- To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all, there will be zero tolerance of disrespectful or aggressive behaviour.”
See the links on the “Training” page in “Classes” for practicing at home until we resume.
Training dog owners to train their dogs since 1980.
The aim of Berwick Obedience Dog Club is to educate members as to their responsibilities as dog owners and to gain a greater understanding of dogs and how to train them.
New members always welcome!
Berwick Obedience Dog Club offers a range of fun and interesting activities making training your dog a rewarding experience whilst using positive and reward based training methods.