Current Financial Members
- Please book a spot in your class via the link below.
- Bookings open 7 days in advance of all classes. Limited places available.
Future Members (Sign Up Process)
PLEASE SEE THE LEFT SIDEBAR FOR THE NEXT JOINING DATE.
- To join on the next sign up day, please book a spot via the link below (bookings open 7 days in advance).
- Limited places are available. If you are not able to book, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Obedience classes will be run over three 45 minute sessions with a transition period of 30 minutes in between sessions. It is imperative that you head off straight from your class finishing.
- 12:15 – 1:00pm – Beginners
- 1:30 – 2:15pm – Orange and Red
- 2:45 – 3:30pm – Yellow, Pink, Green and Blue
- Please book a spot in your class on Acuity via the link below.
- The toilets will be open to all members. Please follow hand hygiene.
- The kitchen will be open for hot food, snacks and drinks.
- The club room will be open to all members.
- The office will be open via the windows.
- To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all, there will be zero tolerance of disrespectful or aggressive behaviour.
See the links in “classes” below for practicing at home until we resume.
SATURDAY OBEDIENCE TRAINING
We recommend that you arrive a few minute early to allow your dog time to settle and you time to socialise before the class begins. And so that you do not disrupt the class with your late arrival.
Beginners classes begin at 12:15.
Red and Orange classes begin at 1.30pm.
Yellow, Pink, Green and Blue classes begin at 2.45pm.
Obedience Trial Ring – When an instructor is available, runs from 12.00pm to 2:00pm when the Stays start.
Rally Obedience Ring – from 1.00pm.
For all levels except Beginners – 6.30pm to 7.30pm every Wednesday evening during daylight savings time. There are no colour level classes. Any handler and dog teams that turn up are all in the same group and you work to your own ability.
There are no clubhouse, joining, shop, or kitchen facilities available. Toilets if required.
Kalora Park Reserve is a public park with fenced areas which are used for dog training activities by individuals and groups who have no connection with this club. If you have any issues in the park or fenced areas outside of club times you should contact City of Casey.
The club offers seven levels of obedience training, Beginners (introductory four week class for new members teaching the basics of dog obedience), Orange, Red, Yellow, Pink, Green and Blue, with level assessments, held once a month, which gauge if you and your dog are ready to move up to the next level. Click on the class colour name to see training exercises for that class and here for Training reminders.
When you reach the higher levels you may wish to compete with your dog at an Obedience Trial or in Rally Obedience. Our instructors and competing members are more than willing to help you and your dog reach this goal.