New members are most welcome
New members who have some dog training experience can join-up on any Saturday.
If you have no previous dog training experience you can join up on any of the Joining Saturdays. These are usually the first Saturday of the month from February to November. (See the side bar for dates)
If the forecast maximum temperature for Scoresby, as displayed on this site, is 32c or more on a joining Saturday. Training will be cancelled and Signup will be postponed until the following Saturday.
If you would like to see the training environment before you join, you are welcome to visit (without your dog) on any training Saturday to observe the classes in progress. The basic pet training classes (Beginner and Red) start at 1:30pm and the more advanced classes start at 2:45pm. Vaccination and insurance rules covering our members prevent us from offering a “try before you buy” test drive class.
There is no need to book!
Sign-up is from 12:30pm to 1:15pm.
There will be a short orientation talk for new members at 1:20pm.
You will be formed into class groups, based on your dog’s size, (small, medium or large) and allocated to an instructor.
Don’t be late as classes start PROMPTLY at 1:30pm.
Remember to bring along
- Vaccination papers
- Leads & collars (See Equipment Guide)
- Dogs Victoria membership card (if you’re a member!)
- Your dog’s favourite food (small pieces, easy to swallow, eg. chicken, hot dog, cheese etc)
Cost for new members
Includes a joining fee and membership till 30th June.
- SINGLE Membership = One person only who must be 18 years or over.(Joining fee = $47.50)
- FAMILY Membership = Up to two people 18 years or over and their children living at the same address.(Joining fee = $65.00)
NEW MEMBERS – From April 2019 membership is valid to 30th June 2020
- No additional fees for multiple dogs. Dogs must be registered at the same address.
- This fee covers ALL club activities.
- A discount for current DOGS Victoria (Victorian Canine Association) members.(On presentation of proof of membership)
- A small fee applies when using EFTPOS or credit card when paying at the office only.
- No additional fees, no monthly fees, no more to pay until renewal.