Our next day for joining is 29th May 2021
Important Information – BODC & COVID-19
We are pleased to announce that Berwick Obedience Dog Club has reopened, however, sadly with some limits as a result of the COVID19 pandemic.
To ensure that we keep our volunteers and members as safe as possible and also meet our legal obligations under the current Victorian government restrictions we have had to take the following steps until further notice:
Please note that we are only allowed a maximum of 200 on the grounds at any time. This excludes volunteers. We need your help to be able to manage this legal requirement.
- Obedience classes will be run over three 45 minute sessions with a transition period of 30 minutes in between sessions. It is imperative that you head off straight from your class finishing.Beginners 12:15 – 1:00pm, Red 1:30 – 2:15pm, Yellow/ Pink/ Green and Blue 2:45 – 3:30pm.
- One handler per dog in attendance.
- Mandatory ‘check in’ on arrival. We will have the QR code displayed all around the Clubhouse and on the flag poles on the grounds.
- The toilets will be open to all members. Please follow hand hygiene.
- The kitchen will be selling packaged hot food only and Clubrooms will be closed to members who are not volunteers.
- The office will be open via the windows.
- Social distancing of 1.5 metres must be strictly adhered to.
- Masks will be as per current Victorian Govt guidelines.
- Members will be required to book into their class. This is due to the legal requirement of 200 max. See the link below.
- We have an an online signup under construction to improve distancing during the signup process.
- Your patience as we become accustomed to running under COVID19 normal is hugely appreciated.
- To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all, there will be zero tolerance of disrespectful or aggressive behaviour.”
See the links on the ‘Training” page in “Classes” for practicing at home.
New members are most welcome
New members who have dog training experience can be assessed and join-up on any training Saturday.
If you have no previous dog training experience you can join up on any of the “Joining Saturdays”. These are approximately every 4 weeks from February to November. Please check the list of “Joining Saturdays” dates in “Upcoming Events” on the left side of the screen before coming down.
If you would like to see the training environment before you join, you are welcome to visit (without your dog) on any training Saturday to observe the classes in progress. The basic pet training classes (Beginner) start at 12:15 pm (Red) starts at 1:30 pm and the more advanced classes start at 2:45pm. Vaccination and insurance rules covering our members prevent us from offering a “try before you buy” test drive class.
To book into the signup session please click the link below, navigate to the next signup day and register to attend the Berwick Obedience Membership Sign Up.
Sign-up is from 11:00am. Please arrive early to complete your signup, there will be lots of people and dogs. Ask any instructor for guidance.
There will be a short orientation talk for new members at 12:00.
You will be formed into class groups, based on your dog’s size, (small, medium or large) and allocated to an instructor.
Don’t be late as classes start PROMPTLY at 12:15pm.
Remember to bring along
- Vaccination papers
- Lead & collar, please check our Equipment Guide for appropriate gear.
- Dogs Victoria membership card (if you’re a member!)
- Your dog’s favourite food (small pieces, easy to swallow, eg. chicken, hot dog, cheese etc)
- For a head start on what you will be learning in Beginners, by having a look at BEGINNERS CLASS HANDOUT and Beginners 101 .
Cost for new members
Includes a joining fee and membership till 30th June.
- SINGLE Membership = One person only who must be 18 years or over.
- FAMILY Membership = Up to two people 18 years or over and their children living at the same address.
NEW MEMBERS – From April 2021 membership is valid to 30th June 2022
- No additional fees for multiple dogs. Dogs must be registered at the same address.
- This fee covers ALL club activities.
- A discount for current DOGS Victoria (Victorian Canine Association) members.(On presentation of proof of membership)
- A small fee applies when using EFTPOS or credit card when paying at the office only.
- No additional fees, no monthly fees, no more to pay until renewal.
- If the forecast maximum temperature for Scoresby, as displayed on this web site, at the right side of the screen, on Friday night, is 32c or more on a joining Saturday. The Sign-up process will proceed as normal. A decision will be made on the day, with your dogs welfare as our primary consideration, how much training you will receive. All scheduled classes will be cancelled.