Future Members (Sign Up Process)
PLEASE SEE THE LEFT SIDEBAR FOR THE NEXT JOINING DATE.
- To attend the next sign up day, please book a spot on Acuity via the link below (bookings open 7 days in advance).
- Limited places are available. If you are not able to book, please email email@example.com.
Obedience classes will be run over three 45 minute sessions with a transition period of 30 minutes in between sessions. It is imperative that you head off straight from your class finishing.
- 12:15 – 1:00pm – Beginners
- 1:30 – 2:15pm – Orange and Red
- 2:45 – 3:30pm – Yellow, Pink, Green and Blue
- Please book a spot to attend your class on Acuity via the link below.
- The toilets will be open to all members. Please follow hand hygiene.
- The kitchen will be open for hot food, snacks and drinks.
- The club room will be open to all members.
- The office will be open via the windows.
- To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all, there will be zero tolerance of disrespectful or aggressive behaviour.
See the links on the ‘Training” page in “Classes” for practicing at home.
New members are most welcome
Dogs must have received a C5 vaccination as either their second or third vaccination. When discussing vaccination, please advise your vet that our training ground is public parkland in Narre Warren and therefore visited by dogs, rabbits and foxes.
New members who have had dog training tuition can be assessed and join-up on any training Saturday.
If you have no previous dog training experience you can join up on any of the “Joining Saturdays”. These are approximately every 4 weeks from February to November. Please check the list of “Joining Saturdays” dates in “Upcoming Events” on the left side of the screen before coming down.
If you would like to see the training environment before you join, you are welcome to visit (without your dog) on any training Saturday to observe the classes in progress. The basic pet training classes (Beginners) start at 12:15 pm Orange and Red start at 1:30 pm and the more advanced classes start at 2:45pm. Vaccination and insurance rules covering our members prevent us from offering a “try before you buy” test drive class.
To book into the signup session please click the link below, and register to attend the Berwick Obedience Membership Sign Up.
Sign-up is from 11:00am. Please arrive early to complete your signup form, there will be lots of people and dogs. Ask any instructor for guidance.
There will be a short orientation talk for new members at 12:00.
You will be formed into class groups, based on your dog’s age, (20 weeks and under) and size, (small, medium or large) and allocated to an instructor.
Don’t be late as classes start PROMPTLY at 12:15pm.
Remember to bring along
- Your dogs vaccination papers.
- Lead & collar, please check our Equipment Guide for appropriate gear.
- Dogs Victoria membership card (if you’re a member!)
- Your dog’s favourite food reward treat.(small pieces, easy to eat quickly, eg. roast chicken, hot dog, cheese etc)
- Get a head start on what you will be learning in Beginners, by having a look at BEGINNERS CLASS HANDOUT and Beginners 101 .
Cost for new members
Includes a joining fee and membership till 30th June.
- SINGLE Membership = One person only who must be 18 years or over.
- FAMILY Membership = Up to two people 18 years or over and their children living at the same address.
NEW MEMBERS – From April 2021 membership is valid to 30th June 2022
- No additional fees for multiple dogs. Dogs must be registered at the same address.
- This fee covers ALL club activities.
- A discount for current DOGS Victoria (Victorian Canine Association) members.(On presentation of proof of membership)
- A small fee applies when using EFTPOS or credit card when paying at the office only.
- No additional fees, no monthly fees, no more to pay until renewal.
- If the forecast maximum temperature for Scoresby, as displayed on this web site, at the right side of the screen, on Friday night, is 32c or more on a joining Saturday. The Sign-up process will proceed as normal. A decision will be made on the day, with your dogs welfare as our primary consideration, how much training you will receive. All scheduled classes will be cancelled.