Important Information – BODC & COVID-19
In line with stage 3 stay at home restrictions currently in place in Victoria, BODC remains closed.
Committee will continue to monitor the situation, however at this point club will remain closed until at least the 30th September.
Thank you for your understanding and please stay safe.
See the links on the ‘Training” page in “Classes” for practicing at home until we resume.
New members are most welcome
New members who have dog training experience can be assessed and join-up on any training Saturday.
If you have no previous dog training experience you can join up on any of the “Joining Saturdays”. These are approximately every 4 weeks from February to November. Please check the list of “Joining Saturdays” dates in “Upcoming Events” on the left side of the screen before coming down.
If you would like to see the training environment before you join, you are welcome to visit (without your dog) on any training Saturday to observe the classes in progress. The basic pet training classes (Beginner and Red) start at 1:30pm and the more advanced classes start at 2:45pm. Vaccination and insurance rules covering our members prevent us from offering a “try before you buy” test drive class.
There is no need to book!
Sign-up is from 12:30pm to 1:15pm.
There will be a short orientation talk for new members at 1:20pm.
You will be formed into class groups, based on your dog’s size, (small, medium or large) and allocated to an instructor.
Don’t be late as classes start PROMPTLY at 1:30pm.
Remember to bring along
- Vaccination papers
- Leads & collars (See Equipment Guide)
- Dogs Victoria membership card (if you’re a member!)
- Your dog’s favourite food (small pieces, easy to swallow, eg. chicken, hot dog, cheese etc)
Cost for new members
Includes a joining fee and membership till 30th June.
- SINGLE Membership = One person only who must be 18 years or over.
- FAMILY Membership = Up to two people 18 years or over and their children living at the same address.
NEW MEMBERS – From April 2020 membership is valid to 30th June 2021
- No additional fees for multiple dogs. Dogs must be registered at the same address.
- This fee covers ALL club activities.
- A discount for current DOGS Victoria (Victorian Canine Association) members.(On presentation of proof of membership)
- A small fee applies when using EFTPOS or credit card when paying at the office only.
- No additional fees, no monthly fees, no more to pay until renewal.
- If the forecast maximum temperature for Scoresby, as displayed on this web site, at the right side of the screen, on Friday night, is 32c or more on a joining Saturday. The Sign-up process will proceed as normal. A decision will be made on the day, with your dogs welfare as our primary consideration, how much training you will receive. All scheduled classes will be cancelled.